Oral surgery on the jaw, or orthognathic surgery, is necessary for many different reasons. The two most common categories of problems are serious cases of misalignment between the upper and lower jaw (the maxilla and mandible, respectively), and correcting facial imbalances caused by a damaged or defective jaw. For the typical patient at our Carmichael dental practice, this involves any one or more of the following procedures.
- Correcting speech impediments.
- Solving problems with swallowing.
- Fixing jaws that do not close properly.
- Treating obstructive sleep apnea.
- Repairing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Restoring injured jaws.
- Correcting congenital defects.
- Resolving improper wear on the teeth.
- Applying bone grafts to allow for dental implants or other procedures.
If you have received a recommendation for jaw surgery, you can trust Carmichael’s Marconi Dental Group to be completely prepared for your procedure. Our dental specialists are part of an organized team that includes qualified staff members, thoroughly experienced general dentists and our own dental lab. Right here at our practice, we manufacture bridges, crowns and dentures for patients who need them. Contact our helpful team for a free consultation to discuss your procedure.