The Marconi Dental Group realizes that accidents happen. You trip and fall, you experience accidental trauma, you take a hit during contact sports and with any of these incidents you may break or dislodge a tooth. The American Dental Association states that time is essential in repairing or implanting teeth that have been knocked loose — starting treatment within the first hour after the accident is critical. Our Sacramento dentists are ready to help when you are suffering from damaged teeth or dental pain.
A Damaged Tooth
If a tooth knocked out, bring it with you. If a tooth is broken, bring it with you. In the one case, we can implant it back into your jawbone. In the other, it could be helpful in crafting a replacement in our on-site dental lab.
Preserving Your Tooth
To prepare your tooth for transport to the dentist, take the following steps:
- Clean the tooth gently with water or milk.
- If possible, reinsert the tooth into its socket.
- Bite down gently, using a wet cloth, tea bag or gauze as you do so.
- Apply a cold compress to your cheek to reduce swelling.
- If you cannot put it back in its socket, carry the tooth between your cheek and gum.
Do not do the following things:
- Do not scrub or brush the tooth — you may damage the root.
- Do not delay the trip to the dentist.
- Do not hold the tooth by the roots — only hold it by the tougher crown.
Solving Dental Pain
Dental infections can cause pain that ranks right up there with child birth, kidney stones and broken femurs. The spread of infection is potentially life-threatening and should be handled immediately. If a tooth or jaw hurts for any reason, visit your dentist immediately for treatment. Tooth aches do not go away on their own and are a sign of a serious problem that must be diagnosed and treated by your Sacramento dentist at the Marconi Dental Group.
Come Right In — Contact Us On the Way
Step right in at our office in Suite 100 at 4350 Marconi Avenue and our available Sacramento dentist and staff members will start treatment as soon as possible, Monday through Friday. Call us at 916-589-6462 to let our staff know you are on the way. Saving your teeth and resolving your pain are the goals of our emergency dental care at Sacramento’s Marconi Dental Group.